Join the Small Revolution of Kindness
Did you know that if we were fully staffed with regular volunteers (serving at least 3 hours each month) it would take 300 volunteers? Right now, this work is being done by 250 regular volunteers. So we still have room for you to serve!
We do a lot of different things so we need all kinds of different volunteers..
- Morning Pantry volunteers: delivery, grocery rescue, sorters and stockers.
- Monday, Tuesday & Thursday Evening Pantry volunteers.
- Administrative area volunteers: receptionist, office assistant, project managers, special event planners.
- Volunteers with some extra training we provide: Tax Preparation & Allies for families moving out of poverty.
- Specialized talents: finance, web design, network administrator, videographer, board members, etc.
- Special events volunteers: assist with the planning and execution of our fundraisers and special campaigns.
Volunteering at Common Heart
All ages welcome to volunteer, however any volunteer under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. Volunteers 12 and up can volunteer by themselves, but if they are under 18 then a parent/guardian must cosign the terms and conditions in their volunteer profile. Finally, only volunteers 12 and up are allowed to volunteer at mobile pantries.
Please note: Help stop the spread of COVID-19.
- If you feel unwell, experiencing flu-like symptoms, or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 during the past 14 days, please cancel your registration and stay home.
- You must sign in upon arrival.
- If you have been fully vaccinated, unless otherwise directed by the pantry manager, you may go without a mask while volunteering. This goes for both indoor and outdoor volunteering events.
- Pantry volunteers are required to wear gloves. We provide both masks and gloves.
- If after volunteering you develop symptoms and/or have a positive test for COVID within 5 days of volunteering, please notify us immediately.
Please contact us with questions or notifications by emailing volunteer@