Watch Love In Action: 2020 Virtual Edition Scroll down to donate to the campaign
Love In Action: 2020 Virtual Edition!
Thank you for your support! During this pandemic our community has pulled together to meet the needs of our neighbors who are struggling to put food on their tables. Together we have met the challenge serving more individuals this year than ever! So far over 13,500 of our neighbors have received food from our pantries, an average of 2.5 times. We believe the support we have received says that as a community we are ready to take bold action to help even more or our struggling neighbors.
So here is our Love in Action plan for this small revolution of kindness.
- Mobilize more volunteers to serve in more locations to meet the needs of more families – opening new evening pantries, new mobile locations and a second pantry/warehouse in Marshville.
- Increase the opportunities for struggling families to receive training through our innovative economic empowerment programs, including adult literacy – moving current programs virtual and creating new ones to build resources for a new future story now and post-pandemic.
THE RESULT: Help more families be able to get-by during the pandemic, build resources to get-ahead and get-engaged as a part of a small revolution of kindness in our community!
The new addition of the East Union Empowerment Center in Marshville is the key!
- Did you know that of the 460 students at Marshville Elementary, 446 of them qualify for free or reduced lunches. A huge majority of kids in the community are part of a food insecure family! Our new center will feature a large pantry/warehouse and will provide food for 3 planned weekly pantries serving this area.
- Did you know that the Wingate zip code has the highest poverty rate in our county, the northeastern zip code of Monroe has the highest number of people in poverty, and with Marshville these zips have the highest rate of generational poverty in our county.
The problem is barriers to services and access to resources – most of the services available are not in these communities. This center will be home base for our economic empowerment programs AND local collaborations will make many other services available to this underserved community.
YOU MADE THIS HAPPEN! So we are ….
- Purchasing a refrigerated truck
- Installing walk-in freezers and coolers
- Expanding services and locations.
ing elit. Ut elit tellus, luctus nec ullamcorper mattis, pulvinar dapibus leo.