Celebrating Together as a Community Moved by Love
Welcome to the exciting Love in Action season!! It’s a time for us to celebrate the growth of this small revolution of kindness expanding throughout our community! This year we are looking to invest in our neighbors impacted by not only this pandemic, but the circumstances and barriers of life in poverty.
The East Union Empowerment Center in Marshville is now the new hub for our economic empowerment programs. These programs provide hope, encouragement, support, empowerment, and opportunity for families to rise out of poverty. And as of 2021 and beyond, we have committed to more than tripling their impact in our community!
So here is our Love in Action plan for this small revolution of kindness…
- Tripling the number of Getting Ahead focus & empowerment groups from 2 to 6 a year!
- New partnerships with the City of Monroe Parks and Rec to provide R Rules classes for middle school students in their afterschool program.
- Coaching and incentives for graduates of Getting Ahead.
- Adding new Stability and Growth post GA classes to build financial, relational, emotional, and other resources creating new opportunities for accomplishing work, career, and personal goals.
- Growing Common Heart adult literacy’s impact post-pandemic.
Because of your generosity during this Love in Action season…
- 60 family leaders will receive Getting Ahead training.
- At least 20 of these leaders will receive free coaching to refine and accomplish their goals.
- More than 100 of our neighbors will benefit from classes ranging from basic English skills to financial literacy to the hidden rules of the workplace that will provide opportunities for better jobs and promotions.
- At least 30 City of Monroe youth facing the challenges of poverty will learn how to build resources to have more choices through our R Rules course.
What can you do?
- Donate a special gift to provide food, encouragement, support, and hope to local families. Make it a recurring donation and your impact is even greater.
- Become a Fundraiser for Love in Action and invite your friends to be part of love in action in our community.
- Attend Common Heart’s Love in Action to celebrate and raise funds for this small revolution of kindness.
In spite of everything, you and this community moved by love have risen to the challenges of this present time. Families in this community are counting our love in action, to bridge the gap and create new hopeful futures.
Thanks for being a big part of this small revolution of kindness!
All guests will enjoy dinner, drinks, music and dancing, entertainment, silent auction, raffles and a presentation hosted by Common Heart volunteers and staff.
6:00 p.m. | Cocktail Hour
7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. | Dinner, Program & Dancing