Bridges Out of Poverty aims to develop a shared understanding and framework to collaborate and build a sustainable community where all can thrive. The second day focuses on applying the concepts across sectors to improve outcomes for families and communities that are under-resourced.
This workshop gives leaders, administrators, staff, employers, emergency service workers, teachers, and other community members and volunteers the common language, understanding and tools to prevent and alleviate poverty. Participants increase awareness of how economic class impacts life experience, resources and stability. Customer service and teamwork in business and community settings are improved. New insights will create strategies to improve individual, institutional and community based outcomes.
This workshop is based on the book Bridges Out Of Poverty: Strategies for Professionals and Communities a collaboration between Ruby K. Payne, Philip DeVol, and Terie Dreussi Smith.
- Tuesday March 24 2020 (Day 1 The Bridges Framework)
- Tuesday April 7, 2020 (Day 2 Application of Bridges Concepts)
Time: 9 am - 4 pm
- Day 1 & Day 2 $50
- Day 1 only $35
- Day 2 only $15 (must have completed Day 1 previously)
• Facilitated by Keith Adams, Executive Director of Common Heart and Certified Bridges Out of Poverty trainer.
• All training material, lunch & snacks are provided.
There will be books available for purchase with additional information and sector specific application.